Amprobe AM 510 comes with some advanced level features although it is a cheap price multimeter. Compact yet tough, this multimeter is build to last through all your electrical projects. It has both manual and auto-ranging test functionality. Voltage, resistance, frequency, capacitance, battery test, milliamps, microamps and duty cycle can be measured with an Amprobe AM 510. This innovative digital multimeter model features to speed up your go/no-go checks. The non-contact voltage detection meter is best suited for advanced residential and light commercial applications.
Unboxing the Amprobe meter:
- Multimeter (Weight: 12.5oz/ 354g)
- 9V battery (installed)
- Test probe leads
- User manual (Amprobe am510 manual)
- Automatic and manual ranging
- Measures resistance, capacitance, frequency, and duty cycle
- Measures AC / DC current to 10A
- Measures AC / DC voltage to 600V
- Measures temperature
- Backlit LCD display with data holds and relative zero mode.
- Continuity test with beeper
- Non-contact voltage detection for better user experience.
- MIN/MAX mode
- Diode / LED checker
- Relative zero mode
- Built-In Flashlight
- Test leads storage and third-hand probe holder
- Low battery warning and auto power off
- Safety rated to CAT-III 600V
- Measures milliamps as well as micro-amps
- Measures Capacitance
- Accurate reading
- LED light
- Separate current input jack sockets
- Backlight display
- Durable and sturdy
- Auto power off
- Low cost
- No temperature probe provided
- No case (although it will cost you minimum)
- Slow on auto ranging and continuity
The LED light makes it easy to see the wires and fuses when you have to work in a dark. This feature comes really handy. The meter consists of a rubber tilt kickstand and a probe holder. Although some people are used to magnetic straps the kickstand does the job on this meter. You can also easily keep the probes attached on the back of the multimeter. It will help you to work in a neat and tidy workspace.
The leads are not that good to work with full comfort. We would suggest you buy a pair extra with longer metal tip. Leads are quite inexpensive and also available on amazon.com.
Perfect for Home use and Electricians:
If you need to work with complex frequencies circuit you need to consider having a TRUE RMS meter. There are other models of Amprobe for example, the AM-530, 560 and 570 for more advanced tasks. They will help you to read AC circuits with variable drives more precisely. It includes True RMS, vinyl carring case and velcro hanging strap. You can also check Fluke 323 True-RMS clamp meter comes from Fluke brand.
NOTE: RMS devices are perfectly fine for most everyday electrics.
Check out the table for other models of Amprobe including functionality.
Amprobe has a high brand value for being durable, precise reading and functionality. The brand offers multimeters in a low price range compared to Fluke and Klein. It is because the users can effort such multi-functional equipment with precision and resolution within their budget. This model is preferred to the professionals as they can measure small current in modern circuit boards. It’s a grade-A product which is capable to provide dependable data. The brand ensures the best experience in quality and safety, you can trust.